I was really proud of this Bowser I came up with, but I had trouble getting the face. I thought I’d improved it a lot, but someone pointed out that it was still bad. Anyway, while I debated on putting it here, I put a lot of work into it and maybe can adapt it to a kappa or Gamera.
There’s an initial version and a final version. Also, I painted them so it would be more clear they’re supposed to be Bowser, and I’m showing both painted and unpainted.
The face was actually a bit different before painting because the paint reset the paper a bit. I couldn’t get it back after that.
(Everything above this is the initial version, and everything below is the final version.)
Apart from the face, most of the attributes between versions are the same with only slight differences. I moved the shell spikes out from each other in the final one, basically to as far out as I was comfortable with. The tail is slightly different between versions. I also put little bands on the first one, but those are just separate strips.
For the final version, I painted it beige (the colour that the mouth/nose, horns, and spikes are) before folding to make things simpler. I tried to make a more structured face, but the bigger problem is that I don’t do curves very well. I tried to offset that by making the hair sharply geometric, trying to give it a more cubist style overall.